Data-informed Construction Engineering (DiCE) Research Lab
DiCE research lab seeks to address challenges faced by the architecture, engineering, construction, and facility management (AEC/FM) industry through innovative, technology-based, and data-driven solutions. Our efforts are focused on leveraging the potentials of data analytics powered by the recent technology trends such as automation, visualization, and robotics to improve the design, construction, and management of civil infrastructure systems. Our goal is to enhance safety, efficiency, and productivity of construction project operations and sustainability and resiliency of the built environment and the civil infrastructure.
- Dr. Akhavian received the NSF CAREER Award!
- Dr. Akhavian received the ENR California Top 20 Under 40 award!
- Our new paper entitled “Construction activity recognition with convolutional recurrent networks” is now published in the journal of Automation in Construction!
- Dr. Akhavian received the ASCE CI Outstanding Young Professional Award!
- Our new paper entitled “Analysis of the Synergistic Effect of Data Analytics and Technology Trends in the AEC/FM Industry” is now published in the ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management!
Dr. Reza Akhavian
Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
Affiliate Faculty, The Computational Science Research Center (CSRC)
San Diego State University
Tel: (619) 594 – 0218
Copyright © Reza Akhavian – 2021
This material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by author(s) or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.